At Knapp-Johnson-Harris Funeral Home, we continue to monitor the evolving COVID - 19 situation. We are gathering information as it becomes available from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and state and local health agencies, as well as the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) and Illinois Funeral Directors Association (IFDA).
Our goal is to keep the families and community we serve safe as we navigate this challenging time. Here is what we are doing to minimize risk.
- When caring for decedents, we are following safety guidelines and precautions as suggested by the CDC and NFDA.
- We are giving our families the option to make arrangements via phone and share information via email.
- We are providing hand sanitizer at different locations throughout the funeral home and frequently cleaning surfaces and areas used by the public.
- We are suggesting no contact during visitations and services and will coordinate with families to limit the amount of people at the funeral home for the safety of everyone.
- We encourage everyone to be mindful of those around you and if you have any symptoms please do not attend a visitation or service. Find an alternative way to make contact with the family by contacting them by phone, email, sending a card, leaving an online condolence, etc.
We will continue to serve while taking the necessary precautions to keep our families, the community and ourselves safe.
If you have additional concerns or questions, please contact us at 1-309-923-3651.